Tuesday, September 7, 2010

my sideboard...

Well, that's what I'm calling it.

I purchased it on Craigslist for a whopping $50.00

I actually think it was a desk credenza in a previous life.

After gaining some confidence reading other blogs of folks that have done this, I purchased Altar'd's ebook, studied, purchased items, took a deep breath, and went for it.

Unfortunately I didn't take a "before" picture I'm bad about this, sorry, but it was dirty, and well, brown, dark brown.

But I glazed the finished piece, applied polyacrylic, new knobs (which are from Ace Hardware, a fun shiny brown that has a pewter sheen to them).

And voila!!  Here it is.  I'm so proud of myself, more of this creativity coming out at 42.  I'm going to be painting our dining table and another dresser come October, and I promise to take "before" pictures.

Purty, huh?

Thank you, thank you, (bowing, bowing).

Have a great evening!

gigi


No comments:

Post a Comment