Friday, August 20, 2010

Appliances Know When Their Warranty Is Up

Yesterday was a crazy day - starting with my getting up way too eary at 5AM?

You may think 5AM isn't that bad, well not when you finally get off to sleep around 1:30AM.  Sleep and me have not been going well over the past few months. 

But I digress.

So, in being up at that unfortunate hour, got myself a glass of ice water.  What the?  No light in the freezer.  What the?  No light in the fridge?  Not good. 

Discovered a breaker had switched - got the hub-bub up to hellp with that part (no biggie, he'd be getting up in 45 minutes, anyway).  Fixed that - still not working.

You know what?  Appliance repair people aren't up around 6AM - the nerve!  So after calling 3 companies, I finally hear back from one and schedule a visit to the abode.

Well, to make a long story short, one of the fancy electronic motherboard died - on a 14 month old fridge.  Ordered the part from GE, got here this morning, fridge fixed this afternoon, now I have a working fridge, again.

I also have a deep freeze that I've been wanting, too.  Needed something to hold our frozen items - wasn't going to let all of that go to waste.

So that is what I did yesterday - I was one tired girl.

Now on to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment