Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Keeping this 42-year-old face dewy and wrinkle-free is hard work

This lovely little face has stuck with me through thick and thin.

I've learned to take care of it by learning from my first teacher, my Mom.  When I was younger she used to sell Jafra skin care as a side job while being a stay-at-home mom/wonder woman.

I remember their face mask stuff - minty and oatmeal - yummy.  And they had this lovely Royal Almond Jelly - I can still smell the scent.  And it was in a gold glass jar and she used every little drop that came out of there.

But it was at Mom's elbow that I learned to delicately pat the areas around your eyes and not to pull the skin on your face - just pat - the moisturizer you're using will get in there without shmearing your skin.  Mom is aslo the one that I got my first eyebrow tweezing from - this involved ice cubes to numb the eybrows...we'll save this story for another time.

I'm thankful for Mom's lessons.

Now that my skin is a bit older and wiser, I've found some items that I'd like to share with you to help keep your skin all purty and stuff.

  • #1 favorite item - my Clarisonic - I purchased the Plus system, which you can use in the shower - oh yeah.
  • DHC Care - a skin care company based out of Japan - love their oil cleanser (don't be scared by the word "oil", it really cleans your skin).  And Olive Virgin Oil to pat on your face as a light moisturizer.  Since olive oil is now becoming the darling of facial care, it's kinda fun that I've been "in" on the good stuff for about five years, now.
  • Laura Mercier make-up - love, love, love this stuff.  I had tried the mineral make-up route, but it left my face "flat".  For awhile I really didn't wear any make-up, but I'm trying to make an effort and put my face on every day as not to scare the townfolks.  Purchased the starter kit through Sephora, so worth the extra nickels.
  • While not skin care, I need to put a word out regarding Frizz, yes, that is the name of the product from Living Proof - as in no frizz.  With my my thick, yet fine, naturally curly on top, straight/wavy underneath hair strands, this shampoo and conditioner is a God-send in my neck o'the woods in the South.  I've just gone through one of the most hot and humid summers that I can remember and this stuff stood up to the test.
Well...this has been your helpful hints for your face segment from Que What Who.

gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment