Sunday, August 15, 2010

Let's start with my blog name...then we'll move on to formal intros...

I have a habit (years in devleopment, mind you), that if I didn't hear something said, I say "Que, What, Who" in rapid fire format (we'll touch base on the rapid fire mouth later).  Yes, realize that 'que' is Spanish for 'what' - so what I'm saying in good old English is  - "what, what, who."  Don't know why or how this started.  Yes, took freshman Spanish almost 30 years ago, but...a mystery, really.

So why the blog?  We'll, I enjoy reading blogs and have a few favorites I'll share with ya'll.  For the past few years my creativitiy is really beginning to come out (I'm a late bloomer in many areas), and I thought, perhaps I'll give this new technology called blogging a try.  What's another blog to add to the other zillion and one?

Okay, my intro. I'm a 40-something woman who shares a beautiful home with a wonderful, and patient, husband, and five animals (we're outnumbered). Got married later in life (at 40) and think all girls/women should live on their own and form their own lives before getting married (perhaps not as old as the spinster me, but, you know). No kids for us, but we love all our nieces and nephews and enjoy visiting, then, leaving.


I'll be posting musings, stories, pictures about:
  • My home life and the redecorating I'm constantly doing, which drives the hubby nuts, but, alas, he loves me. 
  • Growing up the oldest of 3 girls - and all my quirks, ADD, ADHA, XZY, etc.
  • Growing up in Southern California - in the good old days (pre "The O.C.", etc.) aka 1970's-1980's
  • And now living in North Carolina for the past 19 years - absolutely love it here!
  • My animals
  • Movies - Love the oldies but goodies
  • Books - have a soft place in my heart for Eudora Welty and Flannery O'Conner
  • Travel - heck, we're the childless couple, you don't think I'll discuss some travel
  • Working/dealing with older parents as the oldest, no children daughter
  • Cooking - I'll be honest, love preparing and looking through cookbooks, blogs, etc., but I'm really not a recipe innovator.  But I may post some favorities and if now the author, I'll definately give you credit.
What I won't be discussing:
  • Politics - I'll leave that up to you - I'm not a professional
  • Religion - to each his own and I respect whomever you do or do not worship.  Life is too short to be determining whom is better than whom
  • ACC sports - seriously, when I first arrived I was asked what team I like - you have to be careful out there.  Let's just say I'll support the team from my region in a playoff situation
Sometimes my hands are slower than my mind and I hope not bore you to tears.  The majority of these bones are of Irish blood, so I'm a story teller, be patient, the story will be good, though my lead up may be long - totally worth it, dudes

No comments:

Post a Comment